We will be picking up where we left off from last meeting. This class will cover every single adverse condition that could ever be found in an old house. Ok, maybe not all of them, but a lot of them. The format will follow the ASHI SOP: what’s the condition, why does it matter, and what should be done about it?
- Chimneys converted from wood to coal to gas, the importance of liners
- Stucco-covered chimneys
- Level 2 chimney inspections
- Problems with old boilers
- Old house doo-hickeys
- Abandoned fuel oil tanks
- Legal bedroom requirements
- Drum traps
- Floor drains
- Unvented drains
- Steel drains
- Sewer inspections: old homes or all homes?
- Problems with galvanized steel and lead water supply pipes
- Cross connections: problems and solutions
- Overhead electrical wires (service drop)
- Fuses services
- Knob & tube wiring
- Ungrounded three-prong outlets
- Ungrounded lights
Registration includes unlimited pizza, salad, breadsticks, and soda.
$15 for ASHI Heartland Members who register online by 3:00 pm on 8/12/19.
$20 for non-ASHI Heartland Members who register online by 3:00 pm on 8/12/19.
Walk-in meeting fees are $20/$25 for chapter members/non-members, respectively.
Please register here: